Thursday, March 14, 2019

Meet my Guest: Georgia Lyn Hunter

Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written.
I'm a nomad who lives abroad (Hubby's job does this), and I love reading, painting, visiting flea markets, and traveling. Thus far, I've written 9 books, and I'm currently working on my 10th one.

What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?
Heart's Inferno (book 4 of the Fallen Guardians series) Released Dec 18th, 2018

Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre?
I'm intrigued by the supernatural, mythology, ect. And find I always have a sense of deja vu when my dreams become reality.

What kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before beginning this book?
In my current book I'm writing, I have to research ice world, so naturally, I Google everything relating to this. From the Arctic to frozen seas, mountains, plains, etc

How do you select the names of your characters?
I write down many names, until the one resonates with the story I have in mind, and then I find my writing flows easily.

How do you like to collect and organise your ideas?
I don't really. I write as thoughts and ideas occur to me, then refine it. I'm more a panster sort of writer. I tend to have an outline in my mind, I never actually write it down, cause then it loses its essence by the time I start writing first draft.

How long did it take you to write this book?
My last book, Heart's Inferno took me 3 and half months to write first draft.

What's next for you as a writer?
I'm quite looking forward to my Fallen Guardians series being translated in Italian--first book to release this year, and my Contemporary into French--release for next year. And currently, I'm writing first draft of book 2 for my other series, Warlords of Empyrea, which ties in with my Fallen Guardians series, looking at a summer (June/July) release.

Author Bio *
Georgia Lyn Hunter loves to create characters who'll take you to the far and beyond to unforgettable adventures, steamy encounters and heart-stopping love stories... She grew up in the sultry climate of South Africa and currently lives in the Middle East with her family. An avid reader from a young age, she devoured every book she got her hands on. When she's not writing or plotting her next novel, she loves trolling flea markets and buying things she'd never use (because they're so pretty,) traveling, painting, and being with her wonderfully supportive family.

You can follow Georgia here:


#indieauthors #guest #guestblog #indieauthorsofsouthernafrica #romance #southafricanromance #love #georgialynhunter #fantasy #mythology









1 comment: