Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Author Interview: Maureen Shigeno


Introduction- 9/12/18


Q1. Where are you from?

A. "I was born and bred in Pretoria, South Africa. After traveling for a while, we moved back to Pretoria five years ago. Soon we’ll be nomads again, with Scotland our base."

Q2. What genres and sub-genres do you write?

A. "I write contemporary romance. My one series has sports, and particularly, rugby as a theme (Playing for Glory). The other series food and drinks as a theme (Taste for Love), Blue Mountain is a family saga set in the Winelands of South Africa. You’ve probably noticed that I love series/sagas."

Q3. What do you like to do when you are not writing?

A. "I’m also a keen photographer and artist."

Q4. Did you always want to be a writer?

A. "No, I never thought about writing. I’ve blogged, wrote technical stuff, but never remotely I’ll be a fiction writer. I only started writing in July 2016."

Q5. What is your time of year?

A. "I love all seasons for different reasons, but if I have to choose it will be possibly spring and autumn (fall). Spring literally put a spring in my step. It’s probably because, a dreary winter, everything is suddenly bright and vibrant and full of life. I love the northern hemisphere autumns, because of the colors. Here in the southern you don’t have these seasons like you have in the northern hemisphere."

Q6. How many books do you have out currently?

A. "My third book, Obstruction, will be published on 1 September, and my fourth, Making the Right Call, in October. I’m also publishing three novellas between October and November, which will be released as a box set in December in English and Afrikaans. So, to answer your question, currently two—by the end of November 10!"

Q7. Wow! You've been busy. It's amazing how fast your putting them out. It really shows your dedication to your work. What is your favorite song? (video posted above)

A. "Ooh, I have so many favorites, how can I choose? Okay, let me give you one current : Ed Sheeran’s Perfect. I’m actually using it in a new novel as the music for a modern ballet."

Q8. Are you a full-time writer or do you have an outside job?

A. "I’m one of the lucky ones being able to write full-time."

Q9. What is the best part of your day?

A. "Mornings – I’m my most creative early in the mornings. Evenings because that is the time I spend with my family."

Q10. Can you tell me a bit more about yourself that maybe not many fans know?

A. "I have my own romance story. I met my husband on a Saturday, 6 June. I saw him on and the Monday before he had to leave to join his ship – he was in the British Merchant Navy. The next time I saw him was on 30 October the same year, when I him in Scotland. Those days were the beginning of the internet and cell phones. Our contact was sporadic at first, with him at sea and then on a course in Aberdeen. We had to rely on letters while he was at sea, and then later on, when he was in Aberdeen, we could email. We were both 35 when we met and I at that stage, although I had many friends and social life, had given up on finding . And then I met him on a cold, miserable day in Cape Town, and the rest is history."


Francine's closing words for fans/ followers:

"Thank you for reading my books. No author can exist without the support of our readers, and we love to get feedback from you. Leave a review if you can or, just send me a message. "


I had the pleasure of meeting Francine on a Facebook group site a few months ago. It was instant friendship. Whenever we start talking, we just go on and on. She is a wonderful, talented woman that I respect and feel so blessed to have met her. Below are a few of her links where you can find her and all her beautiful romance novels. I personally have read and fell in love with her stories. I know you will too! Until next time!

@Maureen Shigeno

No comments:

Post a Comment