Thursday, February 28, 2019

Meet my Guest: Dorothy Ewels

Today my guest is another Cape Town debut novelist, Dorothy Ewels.

Tell us about yourself and how many books you have written.
I am an indie author releasing my debut novel on 22 Feb. I have a permafree shorty-short story available but this is my first full-length novel.

What is the name of your latest book and what inspired it?
Love At Last was inspired by my work as a criminal court transcriptionist. One case, in particular, sparked off the idea for the first three chapters. The book doesn't follow the case at all but that case got the thought process going and, as they say, the rest is history.

Why did you choose to write in your particular field or genre?
LOL! I didn't choose it, it chose me. When I first started writing again five years ago, I had intentions of writing erotic romance. My writing took on a life of its own and suddenly I found myself writing romantic suspense with steamy scenes instead.

What kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before beginning this book?
I have a close personal friend who was a SAPS detective for 15 years and I picked his brain relentlessly for about a year in order to get my facts straight regarding anything to do with police procedures in the book.

How do you select the names of your characters?
I have an evergrowing list of names for women, men, gender neutral and surnames so when I'm looking for character names I browse the list and see what grabs my attention. Although, sometimes a character's name will pop into my head randomly.

How do you like to collect and organise your ideas?
I am a planner so I make notes in a notebook and then I plot and outline on my whiteboard so I can remove, rearrange and add as I go.

How long did it take you to write this book?
The first draft took me about four months to write but I put it away for free months before I started the editing phase.

What's next for you as a writer?
I am currently working on my second book, which I will be releasing in July 2019.

Author Bio 
A proud member of the Romance Writer’s Organization of South Africa (ROSA), Dorothy Ewels developed a love of reading from early on. Her passion for the written word has spanned across decades until she finally put pen to paper and began her path as an indie author where reading and writing remain her first love. Married, with one son and three fur babies, she lives in Cape Town, and while she loves travelling, she cannot see herself living anywhere else. When she’s not weaving stories in her writing cave, she spends her time with family, friends, as well as enjoying crafting.

You can follow Dorothy by clicking on the following links:
http://www.dorothyewels.co.za
https://amazon.com/author/dorothyewels
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18573939.Dorothy_Ewels
https://www.facebook.com/dorothyewels
https://www.twitter.com/DorothyEwels


#romance #RomanceWriter #Romantic #RomanticSuspense, #indieauthors #mustread #kindle 
#BookMarketing #d
orothyewels #ROSA #romancesetinSouthAfrica #SouthAfricanromance #inspiration #amwriting #guestblog #blog 
#francinebeaton


No comments:

Post a Comment